FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 28, 2019
FOX SPORTS TO AIR 2019 KICKER ARENACROSS ON FS2
TULSA, OK – The Kicker Arenacross (Cycle City Promotions) has come to an agreement with Fox Sports to televise several races from the 2019 Kicker Arenacross Winter Tour. Fox Sports will air the Kicker Pro National Series on FS2, beginning with coverage from Loveland, CO. The first episode will air Jan. 31st at 9:00 PM ET.
The Kicker Pro National Series features some of the top professional racers in the country. The 250 Pro and Open Pro competitors compete on custom-designed dirt tracks inside some of the country’s most recognizable arenas.
In 1995, Tulsa native, Tod Hammock started the arenacross series as a part-time venture, with it going full time in 2005. The series, now known as the Kicker Arenacross, has grown into the largest series in the genre.
In 2018 Hammock started the process of finding a media company to produce a show and cover the events. “We looked at multiple outlets and came to an agreement with Fox Sports 2. We felt it would be the perfect fit.”
The television show will feature all of the professional race action from events taking place a couple of weeks before the air date.
The remaining filming schedule is as follows:
- February 1st & 2nd – National Western Complex (Denver, CO)
- February 9th – Greensboro Coliseum (Greensboro, NC)
- February 15th & 16th – Sears Centre Arena (Chicago, IL)
- February 22nd & 23rd – Maverik Center (Salt Lake City, UT)
The FS2 Kicker Arenacross broadcast schedule (All times ET & subject to change):
- January 31st – Loveland, CO (9:00 PM)
- February 7th – Oklahoma City, OK (9:00 PM)
- February 14th – Oklahoma City, OK (11:00 PM)
- February 21st – Denver, CO (9:30 PM)
- February 28th – Denver, CO (9:00 PM)
- March 7th – Greensboro, NC (10:00 PM)
- March 14th – Chicago, IL (7:00 PM)
- March 21st – Chicago, IL (7:00 PM)
- March 28th – Salt Lake City, UT (8:00 PM)
- April 4th – Salt Lake City, UT (11:00 PM)
About Kicker Arenacross
Kicker Arenacross is an off-road motorcycle racing competition, occurring in top arenas across the country, with dirt brought in and man-made tracks designed using construction equipment. The nation’s most elite racers compete in what some tout to be the most physically demanding sport ever.
Both amateur and professional competitors travel the country, following the Kicker Arenacross Series, to battle for nightly event accolades and to accumulate overall series points. Anywhere from 300 to 700 riders travel to each event and compete throughout the day in qualifying races with a goal of securing their spot in the Main Event taking place that evening.